Young’s Jersey Dairy
6880 Xenia Springfield Rd. Yellow Springs
I’ve had this adventure on our to do list for quite some time. Now I get to tell you all about it! I wanted to try the double buckeye sundae and was shocked at the number of other activities to experience. Family fun!
Barrel rides, 2 mini golf courses, a tall fast slide(fair kind), kiddie corral, farm animals(the babies are adorable!), tractor and tires to climb, batting cages, driving range, famous cheese curds, more delicious food, and homemade ice cream to top it off!
I have more photos than I can count and your going to want to scroll below.
Young’s is #1 for Family Fun. What to do on your visit to Young’s?
- Visit The Dairy Store where we serve Young’s homemade ice cream along with breakfast, lunch & dinner (sandwiches and side orders) seven days a week.
- Or visit The Golden Jersey Inn for lunch and dinner (and breakfast on Sat & Sun) with table service and a smile. Best selling menu items include homemade Chicken & Dumplings, Grandma’s Meatloaf, Beef & Noodles and Buttermilk Chicken. Both restaurants use our Farmstead Cheese made 100% with our Jersey cow milk. Try Deep Fried Breaded Cheddar Curds – served original, buffalo or sweet chili style.
- Explore our working Dairy Farm. Pet our friendly goats and watch us milk cows daily (approximately 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm). Visit other farm animals, too, in the public area of the barn.
- Have fun at Udders & Putters
- Two miniature golf courses
- Batting cages with hardball and softball machines
- Covered and natural grass tee driving range
- Moovers & Shakers – a fun barrel ride around the farm
- Cowvin’s Fast Slide – a fast and furious ride down a fun slide with a Guest minimum height of 42”
- Cowvin’s Kiddie Corral – for our younger Guests. Plenty of fun activities with a maximum height of 48”
🍦We all scream for ice cream, especially the homemade kind!
They make all of their own ice cream right on the farm. The ice cream is made from a 15% butterfat mix (pasteurized milk, cream, and sugar mixture). 15% butterfat ice cream is very rich in taste. It has a smooth, creamy texture and blends well with many flavors.
📰Young’s history begins in 1869 when relatives of the Young Family built the red barn. Hap Young bought the 60-acre farm and house shortly after the end of World War II. For the next 10 years, Hap and his three sons Carl, Bob, and Bill, farmed the 60 acres, plus up to 500 additional rented acres. They grew grain, raised hogs, and milked cows.
In 1958, the Young Family decided to try to sell our Jersey milk directly to the public. The first sales room was a modest operation. We built a 10′ by 10′ room onto the end of the milk room. The equipment was also modest – some glass jugs, a refrigerator, a cash drawer, and the honor system. The customer would drive up, open the refrigerator, get his gallon of milk, leave an empty jug and the money, and drive away.